Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cold White Blanket

It snowed here! This is my first snow since the year I lived in Yosemite. I like it, for now--I'm cozy and warm in my house, and everything is quiet and beautiful outside. I also spun and knitted myself a cowl.

IMG_2293

The snow made for a good chance to see some pretty Christmas lights. One of the standard displays around here is this one. Instead of strings of lights, an electric candle is placed in each window. This looks great on old colonial-style houses with many small, uniform windows. The picture below shows a pretty one. There's also a guy in town who got some horrid dim bluish candles--the house looks more haunted than merry.

IMG_2310

This is just a pretty one. Is it too arrogant of me to think this looks a bit like Magritte's Dominion of Light?

IMG_2318



Or maybe it's just the lamppost.

No comments:

Post a Comment